Responsible for taking orders and delivering food and beverage orders to guests.
* Provides exceptional customer service
* Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
* Writes order on check or memorizes it.
* Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
* Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
* Serves patrons from chafing dish at table.
* Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
* Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to cashier.
* Ladles soup, tosses salads, portions pies and desserts, brews coffee, and performs other services as determined by establishment's size and practices.
* Clears and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each course.
* Works safely, following all established safety rules and regulations
* Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests
* Follows all relevant policies and procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Must possess high school diploma or GED or equivalent work experience
* Must possess good communication skills
* Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check
* Must present an overall professional appearance and report to work in appropriate attire
* Must be ABC certified at time of hire or within 30 days of hire date.
* Speaks, writes and understands English well.
* Able to learn point of sale system and guest service standards
Accountable to: Supervisor Restaurant or Manager Restaurant
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino - 4 months ago