$8.39 - $12.23
# of openings:
Position: Food Server
Department: Simon Restaurant
Job Summary: Act as the Simon Ambassador to each guest. Welcome and warmly greet guests. Provides personalized service to all guests dining and or visiting in the restaurant, sushi bar or lounge Ensures guest satisfaction by adhering to established policies and procedures as outline in training manuals and operating practices. Performs all duties in accordance with the Palms Place policies and within the realm of the Palms’ Place Mission Statement.
- Minimum one-year previous food serving experience required, with six months experience in an upscale restaurant preferred.
- Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and customers service skills. Problem solving, and guest retention skills are required.
- Must be a team-player.
- Knowledge of wines and premium brands of liquor preferred.
- Experience serving and/or knowledge of specialty cuisine are preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a good understanding of how the job responsibilities relate to other areas of the Hotel and specific areas of the Food and Beverage operation.
- Must be able to work any shift any day of the week.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets customers.
- Explains menu items and daily specials.
- Must be able to perform accounting duties as it pertains to closing out checks, giving change and accuracy in balancing end of day reports and paperwork.
- Must be able to up sell and suggest specialty food and beverage items to each guest.
- Writes customers’ food and beverage orders on paper and keys into POS.
- Serves food and beverage orders to customers.
- Clears and resets tables, including removing and replacing dishes, glasses, utensils and condiments in a timely manner.
- Ensures cleanliness of the dining room, service areas and back of the house.
- Have knowledge of menu and private party menus.
- Responsible for pre-sets and removing unused pre-sets from table.
- Effectively communicates to management, both front and back of the house, any problems (e.g. allergies), special requests (e.g., no garlic, no MSG, etc.) concerns (e.g. timing) to ensure the guest a pleasurable dining experience.
- Answers or finds the answer to questions regarding menu items, property and area events and attractions.
- Resolves customer complaints including invocation of 100% guarantee.
- Completes required side work as assigned.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Work Environment and ADA Requirements:
At any time, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work in an environment with a moderate noise level. Must be able tolerate areas containing second hand smoke .
Palms Casino Resort - 2 years ago