As the nation's first multi-campus charter school, Friendship Public Charter School has been producing college-ready students for over 15 years. From Preschool through 12th grade, Friendship invests in providing a rigorous academic curriculum that enables our children to excel as ethical, literate, and well-rounded leaders in a 21st century economy. We surpass our peers across the District in public education with a 91% graduation and college entrance rate. To this end, we also hold the quality, success, and development of our teachers with paramount importance. We provide a number of professional growth and development opportunities which have afforded us both the 2010 and 2011 DC Teachers of the Year, and 3 outstanding school principals who launched their careers in our classrooms.
- Under general supervision, to assist in the preparation and/or serving of a variety of food in quantity, and to perform related work as required
- Participates in the more specialized preparation and/or serving of foods, including preparing main dishes and baked goods, vegetables, salads, desserts and other dishes
- Assists and participates in the operation of the speed-line including preparation and serving various food items
- Assists in requisitioning, receiving and storing of foods and supplies
- Estimates quantities of food and supplies required
- Assists in taking of inventory and completing Daily Worksheet
- Assists in maintaining proper care of equipment and sanitation of the kitchen
- Washes dishes and kitchen equipment
- Serves in operation of assorted equipment - grill and fryer
- Serves as Point of Service/Cashier
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of experience in the preparation and serving of food, dealing with the public, or any combination of training and experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities
- Demonstrate dependability and cleanliness
FPCS’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, status as a special disabled veteran, or any other protected criteria as established by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at FPCS are based solely upon relevant criteria, including an individual’s capabilities, qualifications, training, experience and suitability.
Friendship Public Charter Schools - 2 years ago