Responsibilities JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES SUMMARY
Under the direction of the assigned Manager and/or Supervisor, the Food Service Associate II may perform all of the same duties as a Food Service Associate I within the food service arena, ranging from food preparation, serving patients and visitors, delivering product and cleaning up duties as well as more complex duties such as handling money, setting up catered functions, and operating a Food Kiosk. The primary accountabilities are outlined below.
* Serves prepared food
* Prepares sandwiches, pizza, smoothies, etc.
* Stocks or resupplies retail areas as needed
* Performs daily tasks in Kiosk areas such as handling money, restocking, and customer relationships.
* Follows daily routine for cash register set-up which includes cash drawer layout, adequate supply of register tapes, point of sale merchandise, maintaining a clean stand, register and scale.
* Reconciles cash drawer at the end of the shift or as required. Ensures the drawer is balanced and that all sales are properly recorded.
* Records all appropriate meal information for volunteers, students, employees and physicians. Submits all information to the designated person at the end of each shift.
* Operates the cash register by keying in the correct items and ensuring the correct tender is collected.
* Issues cash refunds or credit memos to customers.
* Interacts with customers in a friendly professional manner.
* Prepares food items for patients and visitors as assigned.
* Delivers patient food to patient or to the Nurses stations.
* Visits with patient and/or family to introduce Food Service and obtain food preferences in a friendly and professional manner.
* Delivers nourishments or snacks to patients as ordered by physician or dietitian in a timely manner.
* Stocks and restocks pantries, refrigerators and freezers in assigned areas. Maintains temperature logs for those refrigerators and freezers.
* Picks up empty food carts after meal service.
* May clean and process patient service wares and delivery equipment.
* Gathers required items and supplies for meetings or events
* Delivers items and food to designated area or facility within the requested timeframe
* Serves and replenishes the food and drinks as needed
* Sets up and decorates the food tables and serving areas before, and clears and removes all food service items and decorations after the event, returning items to their appropriate places.
* Interacts with the public, staff and other attendees in a friendly professional manner. Maintains a positive customer service attitude.
OBSERVES AND PRACTICES APPROPRIATE INFECTION CONTROL AND FOOD HANDLING TECHNIQUES TO PREVENT FOOD WASTE AND TO ENSURE SAFE, HIGH QUALITY FOOD. ENFORCES SANITATION STANDARDS,
* Organizes work area by obtaining appropriate items and equipment in advance to prevent waste and ensure a timely completion of task.
* Enforces policies and procedures, and training programs to provide a safe and sanitary working environment.
* Practices appropriate hand washing in accordance with established procedures.
* Diligently maintains working area in a neat, clean, and orderly manner, consistently employing clean as you go techniques.
* Thoroughly washes and sanitizes all work surfaces, utensils and equipment to prevent cross-contamination according to HACCP procedures.
* Completes all cleaning assignments as outlined on the Daily Sanitation Check-out Sheet.
* Complies with OSHA and other local, state, and federal regulations.
DEMONSTRATES A STRONG COMMITMENT TO THE PHILOSPHY AND VALUES OF S&W HEALTHCARE
* Cooperates and collaborates with the Scott & White leadership to champion and meet the strategic goals of S&W Healthcare.
*Ensures compliance with S&W and the Support Service Departments policies and procedures including appropriate attire and grooming as befits the management level.
* Serves on departmental and/or S&W committees or focus groups as requested and needed.
DEMONSTRATES ACTIVE, PERSONAL DAILY INVOLVEMENT, VISIBILITY AND PROFESSIONALISM WITH SUPPORT SERVICE STAFF, AND S&W STAFF, AND ALL INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS.
* Interacts effectively, in a friendly professional manner to build relationships, and demonstrates a high level of customer service
* Continuously seeks ways to improve service and quality.
* Communicates effectively with the Manager or Supervisor on a regular formal and informal basis to share ideas, concerns, progress or problems.
* May be required to assist in the training of new hires or employees new to the area and set of responsibilities.
PERFORMS OTHER POSTION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Training & Experience:
* Food service or restaurant experience helpful
* Texas Drivers License preferred.
* To interact and communicate with all staff and management in English in a positive and professional manner.
* To communicate appropriately verbally and in writing using the English language.
* To comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and other forms of verbal and written communication.
* To perform basic mathematical functions.
* To read and follow instructions.
* To effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
* To deal with difficult situations and resolve issues and concerns in an effective and professional manner.
* To work and accomplish tasks in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
Experience: Minimum/No Experience
Degree: H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent
Department: BrnHos Nutrition Hosp
Standard Hours Per Week: 1
Shift: Rotating - Hours per week vary - must be able to work 5:30am-2pm and 10am-6:30pm includes some weekend coverage.
Scott & White - 16 months ago