A’viands, a progressive food and services management company is seeking a highly motivated, confident Food Service Director to manage the food service operation at the Tazewell County Jail located in Pekin, IL.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Supervises food storage, production and service programs.
- Maintains inventory system for food and supplies.
- Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition and economic handling of food as well as efficient usage of time.
- Plans menus, purchases food and supplies, and assigns duties for special meals or special occasions.
- Plans, conducts, and oversees continuous employee training, competencies and reviews.
- Maintains facility specific staffing patterns to include: appropriate levels, replacement procedures, and assignments appropriate to qualifications.
- Prepares departmental budget on an annual basis in conjunction with District Manager. Maintains department within facility specific budget.
- Attends department head, safety, infection control, quality assurance, and other facility or corporate meetings as directed.
- Minimum 2 years experience coordinating food service operations.
- Passion for customer relations, client relations and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff required.
A’viands, LLC, based in Roseville, Minnesota provides services to senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
A’viands is a food management firm founded by William J. Benzick in 2003, providing a full range of services throughout multiple...