Works in Canteen to manages cash register and assist in filling orders. Conducts PSR skills training groups for assigned patients, including geriatric (65+), adults, ID/MI, COPSD and forensic. Writes progress notes to report patient response to treatment and completes other documentation as assigned. Serves on departmental committees as assigned. Responsible for cleanliness of work area and equipment. Conducts other duties as assigned. Works under the direct supervision of the Program Supervisor and the general supervision of the Program Director.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Studies clients' behavior to determine need for and value of therapeutic activities and notes clients' progress.
2. Writes progress notes used to communicate client information to other staff.
3. Assists in instructing clients in therapeutic activities such as food service.
4. Serves and monitors the distribution of meals, and ensures that guidelines for special diets are followed.
5. Cleans dining, service, and food preparation areas.
6. Cleans and sterilizes dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, and facilities.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Knowledge of the therapeutic methods and techniques in the rehabilitation therapy area of specialization.
Ability to provide rehabilitative therapy and to communicate effectively.
Knowledge of food preparation methods, of food storage and preservation, and of sanitation regulations.
Skill in the operation, cleaning, and sanitizing of food services application and equipment.
Ability to prepare and serve food: to clean dining, serving, and food preparation areas; and to maintain accurate records.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
Able to read and write in English
High School Diploma or GED preferred
6 months cash register and cash handling experience preferred
Texas Drivers License
Able to work varied schedule (must work weekends)
Some experience working with special populations such as the elderly, mentally ill, or intellectually disabled preferred
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 20 months ago