The Food Service Worker I performs specific tasks assigned by the supervisor in order to prepare meals for patients in the facility. This is an entry-level food service position. He or she must adhere to personal hygiene and work area sanitation standards at all times. The Food Service Worker I is required to wear standard protective clothing (uniform, apron, hair restraint, and non-skid shoes) at all times and specialized protective items as required by work assignment. He or she is expected to be customer-oriented, meet daily food service deadlines, and be able to work closely and cooperatively with others in a kitchen environment. The Food Service Worker I works an 8-hour shift with rotating days off. He or she may work unusual or extended hours in the event of a disaster.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in the preparation and portioning of food for special diets following food service procedures (15% of time is spent on this task).
2. Prepares scheduled snacks and supplements. Maintains supply of snack items (10% of time is spent on this task).
3. Participates in the distribution of food in a safe and sanitary manner according to food service policies (15% of time is spent on this task).
4. Assists in serving food for special diets and following food service procedures (20% of time is spent on this task).
5. Follows proper food handling in accordance to food service procedures, state, federal, and HACCP guidelines(10% of time is spent on this task).
6. Follows procedures for sanitation and storage of the dishes and food service equipment (10% of time is spent on this task).
7. Follows required sanitation procedures for cleaning kitchen, stock room, food preparation areas and satellite areas (10% of time is spent on this task).
8. Observes safety procedures and practices (5% of time is spent on this task).
10. Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligations of disaster response and/or recovery (5% of time is spent on this task).
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Knowledge of general food preparation. Ability to read and write English. Ability to count. Knowledge of safe food handling and food safety procedures and techniques. Knowledge of food sanitation techniques. Knowledge and skills in using commercial food service equipment. Communication skills. Knowledge of general cooking techniques.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
Ability to read, write, and complete basic arithmatic computations used in food service procedures.
Requisition No. 217377
Rotating schedule with weekend work involved. Must have a valid drivers license. Job Location: Kerrville State Hospital. Kerrville, Tx. Central Kitchen (Building 578). Work hours are from 5:30 am to 2 pm.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee service center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
All applicants must pass: pre-employment drug screen, DPS criminal background check, and Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), Employee Misconduct Registry and Nurse/Aide Registry checks. If selected for employment, any applicant that has lived outside of Texas within the two years prior to applying is subject to an FBI fingerprint check. Males between the ages of 18 - 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
Position pays $1509,00 monthly.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 15 months ago