Food Service Worker Job Opportunities
Requisition Number: 6032
Employment Type: Part-Time
Work Schedule: Varies Location Name: University of Utah Hospital
City: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: UUH RET 15E NUTR CARE NONPAT
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
We currently have opportunities to work part time as a Food Service Worker in our University Hospital Cafeteria. In this position you will work approximatley 20 hours a week as needed. Prior food service experience is preferred.
This position is responsible for performing general food service work and provides routine kitchen help in the preparation, assembly, production and service of food items.
This position is not responsible for providing care to patients.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Sets-up and serves a variety of food items from counters and steam tables to cafeteria or snack shop patrons by following established methods, standards and procedures to ensure appropriate sized portions are distributed, and to provide prompt, quality service.
- Prepares various food items, such as sandwiches, salads, garnishes, fresh fruits and raw vegetables to provide daily service to patrons and cooks, and to complete catering orders.
- Ensures fresh food is properly cared for by wrapping unused portions and refrigerating those items requiring cold storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, such as counter tops, coffee, hot chocolate and juice machines, as well as slicers, scales, refrigerators and shelves to ensure a sanitary area for the preparation and serving of food.
- Uses equipment, such as scales and electric slicing machines to slice and weigh meat, cheese, etc. for catering orders and buffets.
- Scrapes, sorts and pre-rinses soiled dishware, glasses, and silverware; places them in the dishwashing machine; removes clean items and delivers them to various dining areas to provide sanitary dishes for use in daily serving.
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and follow verbal instructions in English.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent service.
- Current Food Handler’s permit within one month of hire.
University of Utah Health - 12 months ago