Purpose of the Position:
To courteously serve customers in a timely and efficient manner.
1. Serves customers, reviews the menu for the day, obtains the proper serving utensils and serves the customers according to pre-established portion sizes.
2. Stocks all dry items. Restocks and prepares fresh items for next day's use.
3. Accurately and efficiently operates the cash register, checks cash drawer. Rings up customer sales. Reconciles receipts.
4. Grills food and makes cold sandwiches according to the customer order.
5. Cuts and plates desserts according to pre-established portion sizes.
6. Cleans and maintains juice, drink machines, coffee maker, steam table and grill. Cleans and stocks tables in dining area. Cleans work area.
7. Works patient trayline when need arises.
8. Consistently serves cafeteria customers. Explains menu or prices. Provides direction to customers.
9. Operates all necessary food service equipment. Turns on equipment. Ensure that proper holding temperatures are maintained.
Qualifications / Skills:
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Prior Experience: Experience in food, customer service and related work is desirable.
Reading: Must be able to read and understand menus, price list, and requisition forms.
Math: Add, subtract, multiply whole numbers and make simple arithmetic calculations.
Typing/WP/DP: No typing skill is required. Basic understanding of cash register is desirable.
Customer Relations: Person to person contact is made by the cafeteria worker with hospital personnel and public when serving and handling complaints.
Lift/Carry/Push/Pull: Lifting one to twenty five (1-25) pounds and pushing and pulling food carts.
Nutritional Services - Food
OH-Massillon (Canton region)
Affinity Medical Center
Day Shift - with rotation if needed
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week