Food Service Worker
Here at Olympia Medical Center , we understand the heroic work our caregivers do everyday while caring for our patients and their families. We feel strongly about creating an atmosphere where employees are empowered and encouraged to make a difference in the lives of patients, co-workers, and physicians. In addition, we know time spent at work takes you away from other important aspects of life, so we focus on career development; helping caregivers achieve both professional and personal dreams. We offer competitive compensation; a beautiful boutique hospital located just minutes from Beverly Hills, and the beach; free parking; a safe environment; and so much more.
We invite you to tour our website. Come experience our culture…come care with us.
The Food Service Worker (FSW) works under the direction of the Food Service Manager to facilitate the provision of food services to patients, employees and visitors. This position works as a member of the food service team on one or more assignments in cleaning, food preparation, and patient tray line or retail café. S/he will stock the pantries of the nursing units with patient food. Perform tray assembly and delivery, prepare, garnishes, and portions food items for customers according to standards, following all food handling safety guidelines. The FSW will properly record the information needed to accurately complete HACCP logs. Additionally the FSW is responsible for accurate cash handling procedures to ensure correct accounting for cafeteria sales.
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and free employee parking!
- Serve Safe Certificate or an equivalent of the Los Angeles County's Food Handler Certificate strongly desired
- Experience in food preparation in a hospital environment preferred
- Experience in a commercial food service setting preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English and basic math skills required
- Ability to lift or move by other means items weighing up to 50lbs, carry items weighing 25lbs or more and push/pull carts weighing 100lbs or more.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and attention to details skill
- Must be customer focused and a team player
- Fire & safety card must be presented upon hire or obtained at our facility within the first 90 days
- Bilingual Spanish/Russian/Korean is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Olympia Medical Center - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Office Space is more than the name of a cult movie to Douglas Emmett. The self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust...