Salem Hospital is seeking a dynamic, experienced, team-oriented and quality focused nutrition services professional to assume the role of Food Service Worker – Dishroom. The Food Service Worker - Dishroom retrieves soiled dishes and utensils from patient units, production, and retail areas. They are then responsible for scraping, washing, and delivering the clean items back to the areas for use by customers and production staff.
- Maintains adequate number of clean utensils, dishes, and small wares in areas where these items are used.
- Retrieves dishes from designated floors in a timely manner, & properly sets up work area. Monitors soap and rinse product to assure proper operation (replacing when necessary).
- Maintains clean working area including properly cleaning dish machine, water press, and pulper.
- Trash is collected, and grease removed daily, both are correctly deposited in proper receptacles.
Must have the ability to work efficiently and responsibly in an environment with multiple work demands and short time frames.
Handle very fast paced high demand environment.
Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs. unaided using proper body mechanics
Must be capable of performing heavy physical work which includes, lifting, bending, reaching, stooping, pushing, stretching and standing for long periods of time
Special Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
Must demonstrate excellent communication & time management skills.
Understand and able to demonstrate exceptional sanitation practices.
Strong “people skills” (must be able to comfortably work with others in a team environment).
Must adhere to proper food handling techniques.
Salem Health is seeking candidates who demonstrate the following strengths, as defined by the Gallup Organization.
- Service: A drive to be of service to others.
- Ethics: A clear understanding of right and wrong which guides your actions.
- Responsibility: A need to assume personal accountability for your work.
- Problem Solving: An ability to think things though with incomplete data.
- Empathy: An ability to identify the feelings and perspectives of others.
- Team: A need to build feelings of mutual support.
- Gestalt: A need to see order and accuracy
- Communication ability: Must be capable of clear, thorough communications.
- Competence: A need for expertise or mastery.
- Desire: A need to claim significance through independence, excellence, risk and recognition.
- High school diploma, GED or completion of a job training program required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of food related experience or one (1) year in any position requiring significant direct customer contact required.
- Oregon Food Handler’s Card required.
- Computer literacy with ability to operate a PC preferred.
- Must be flexible and willing to work in other areas or on other projects as needed.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
This position is designated as Waive Daily Overtime. Statutory overtime will be paid after 40 hours in one work week.
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. Salem Hospital is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
Salem Hospital - 20 months ago