UPMC Shadyside is hiring food service workers to help support the day to day operations of the Cafeteria and Dietary Patient Services Department located in Shadyside. The days and shifts for these positions will vary. The food service worker will be responsible for patient room service and/or cafeteria line service which includes preparing hot/cold foods and proper measurement of all food items. General cleaning throughout the kitchen and cafeteria is also required while practicing appropriate food handling techniques and food safety procedures in all aspects of the job.
ATTENTION - If you applied to a UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside position, please be aware that you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the email address that you included in the application. This assessment must be completed within five days of receiving it.
- Assemble and serve patient meal trays according to diet orders, menus, and modified diet/patient specific requirements.
- Display a courteous demeanor and positive attitude toward all patients, visitors, and coworkers throughout the hospital.
- Work tray line stations to serve residents food according to the menu and portions to meet therapeutic needs and residents' preferences.
- Perform sanitation for assigned work areas in accordance with department procedures and health department guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED; or one year previous job experience required in lieu of High school diploma/GED.
- Requires the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Successful completion of POWRR curriculum preferred - To learn more about the POWRR program, please visit www.thepartnershipcouncil.org.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 22 months ago
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...