**16 Hours Per Week**
Under supervision of a registered dietitian, review formula orders in EPIC and translate orders to recipes entered in Computrition. Prepare infant formulas and tube feedings ordered as medical nutrition therapy for infant/pediatric patients. Label, store, and deliver formulas to designated refrigerators for distribution to patients. Clean and sanitize work area and equipment daily according to established procedures.
Requires high school diploma and the ability to read and write English. Requires keen ability to follow verbal and written instructions and to perform arithmetic calculations. Requires attention to detail, manual dexterity to accurately measure formula components and ability to follow procedures exactly as written.. Requires good time management and organization skills to respond to “stat” requests and adjust to changes in volume of work from day to day. Requires ability to communicate clearly and tactfully with others within and outside the department in response to requests for formulas. Requires the ability to perform standing and continuous physical effort duties. Requires the ability to perform a variety of tasks without constant supervision.
JOB DUTIES (* denotes “essential function”)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Prepare infant and pediatric formulas according to individual patient recipes and using techniques outlined in Formula Room Procedure Guide.
- Clean and sanitize Formula Room area, work surfaces, equipment, before and after use as outlined in Procedure Guide
- Accurately read and record refrigerator and dishwasher temperatures
- Deliver formulas to designated nourishment refrigerators on appropriate patient units and discard outdated formulas.
- Receive orders, stock storage area, complete weekly inventory, rotate stock in Formula Room storage area, and check labels for expiration date prior to use.
- Transport cases (up to 50 lb.) of formula within formula room
- Obtain daily work assignments by responding to telephone requests for new or revised formulas, using computer-generated orders for formulas, updating formula recipes, clarifying questionable orders with medical team, and following individually calculated recipes for special formulas.
- Assists in training other employees on formula preparation and proper handling of formula, as needed