This position oversees inmates in a prison setting preparing food for the facility. Supervise,
directs and instructs inmate food service workers in the preparation, serving, and storage of food commodities according to institutional menus and USDA food service standards.
- Trains workers in safety and sanitation.
- Prepares all religious and medically necessary diets and substitutions as needed.
- Directs the portioning and serving of all meals.
- Oversees distribution of bulk food and pre-plated meals.
- Ensures that health guidelines are met in the daily preparation of food.
- Manages inventory and review on a daily basis on all items.
- Completes daily inventories of knives, controlled food items and tools.
- Observes and records food, refrigerator, and freezer temperatures.
- Directs, coordinates, prepares and supervises the preparation of food for meals within guidelines of menu, dietary requirements, and the standards of appearance, taste, temperature, and sanitation.
Associate’s Degree (typically in Culinary Arts)
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Food Services) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Food Services Assistant
Education & Experience Substitution:
2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Food Services) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Food Services Assistant
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position would be considered medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
An offer of employment to the selected applicant will be conditional upon the completion of
a physical exam and medical review with a properly licensed and credentialed medical professional.
This position will require the selected applicant to complete a 5-week training course at WDOC’s Training Academy located in Rawlins, WY. Lodging accommodations and meals will be provided. Normal salary will be received while in training.
- FLSA : Non-Exempt
- This position is open until filled.
- Transcripts of any relevant coursework and/or degrees obtained from an accredited college or university will be required upon date of interview.
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Drug Free Workplace. Per WDOC policy, all staff is subject to drug testing while employed by the WDOC. Successful applicants for employment must pass a background/reference check, medical evaluation and urinalysis drug test prior to appointment.
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Tobacco-Free Workplace and prohibits the taking, carrying, possessing or introducing of smoking materials, smokeless tobacco, or tobacco substitutes on or into WDOC facilities and grounds.
- WDOC offers a competitive benefits package, including: medical, dental and life insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; paid holidays; tuition reimbursement program; Wyoming State Retirement; 457 deferred compensation program; longevity pay; and opportunities for advancement. Please visit our website for more details at http://doc.state.wy.us/
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
State of Wyoming - 7 months ago