This position will supervise kitchen operations and be held responsible for growing kitchen entrepreneurial projects. This position provides leadership and management expertise securing sustainability and positive growth of the Food Services Department by creatively utilizing resources to support the mission of Fraser, Ltd.. |
Fraser, Ltd Overview:
Fraser, Ltd., by charter is the oldest human service agency in North Dakota established in 1893. Fraser, Ltd provides assistance to children, youth, and adults on their lifes journey towards independence. We are seeking caring, responsible, and compassionate individuals to join our team of over 200 professionals. We provide services in 3 areas; Children’s Services, Transitional Youth Services, and Adult Residential Disability Services. Children’s Services provides a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment in which children with special needs and children typically developing learn and grow together. Transitional Youth Services provides shelter, basic needs, life skills education and advocacy services for disenfranchised youth by supporting independent thought and empowering self-directed action for individuals ages 16-26. Adult Residential Disability Services promotes education, advocacy, and active treatment for people with intellectual disabilities by providing supportive services in a residential environment.
Minimum five years food service experience with extensive knowledge in menu development, commercial baking and preparation and packaging of quality food. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential, with the ability to effectively manage people, plan, develop, and implement department goals and objectives. Working knowledge and understanding of all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to food service program delivery is necessary. Attendance of Food Service workshops and/or seminars as required.
- Develop and execute a kitchen business plan with goals and objectives that produce growth in department though expanding external entrepreneurial programs including baked goods sales and fulfill SSRC kitchen needs.
- Manage the budget and analyze costs to ensure profitability of entrepreneurial projects.
- Develop pricing, packaging, display, and staging for all entrepreneurial kitchen projects.
- Manage the pre-order process to ensure that pre-order sales are fulfilled and delivered on time exceeding customer expectations on the quality of the product.
- Manage inventory and quality control process in providing consistency in operations and high quality products.
- Develops and administers procedures for the department and assures performance standards are utilized to meet established goals and follow all local, state, and federal kitchen sanitation guidelines.
- Complies with sanitation standards in kitchen by consistently receiving high scores on city sanitation inspections and food program inspections in all Fraser, Ltd kitchen areas.
- Develop and manage Children’s Services store selling Kitchen products to families.
- Fulfill food needs for Fraser, Ltd. programs, as requested.
- Manages the requisition process according to Kitchen departmental procedures.
- Purchases necessary food items for meal preparation utilizing approved purchase order process.
- Reviews the status of budgetary items to establish priorities, minimize losses, and maximize profitability on a monthly basis.
- Supports and assists in new or enhanced programs, methods, and resources, which facilitate the support of our mission.
- Provides supervision for assigned kitchen staff, which includes assistance with hiring and training, discipline, planning and scheduling work activities, performing work evaluations, and providing a challenging work environment to assure the attainment of a qualified staff and sound operations.
- Completes an annual inventory.
- Participates in fundraising activities of Fraser, Ltd.
Fraser Ltd. - 30+ days ago