DC Central Kitchen seeks a Food Service Worker to join our dynamic team and support our mission of “Combating hunger and Creating opportunity.” The DCPS contract provides meals from locally sourced food to students in the Washington, DC Public Schools. The Food Service Worker position is responsible for working with the Unit Chef and culinary team in preparation and presentation of food for DCPS.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and/or snacks in accordance with contract standards( preparation by chopping, washing, assembling, sorting)
- Sets up serving lines and serves meals during breakfast , lunch, and snack periods.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Assure that all food procedures are followed.
- Coordinate food service with other departments as necessary.
- Store food and supplies in accordance with instructions.
- Follow approved housekeeping and safety practices to ensure that safe conditions are maintained in the kitchen, food serving areas.
- Operate, clean and sanitizes all kitchen equipment.
- Cooperate with Lead Food Service worker to provide a positive and inviting dining experience for students, parents, and faculty.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Exec Chef or Lead Food Service Worker.
- Participate in professional development training.
- Participate in activities that will promote the school food service program.
- Operate POS (Point of Sales) terminal during meals.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a culinary institute, military school or formal on-the-job training preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of food preparation experience required.
- Experience with quantity food preparation preferred.
- Demonstrate cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes.
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements.
- Must have or able to obtain ServSafe Certificate.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check/ FBI Fingerprinting through District of Columbia, pre-employment drug screen and tuberculosis test.
****** Please include a cover letter with resume********
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard