PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Food Sourcing Coordinator is responsible to secure food and grocery donations for the Food Bank For New York City through calling upon established donors, lapsed donors, and non-donors within the food and grocery industry. This position is also responsible for the administration duties of the department including tracking and acknowledgement of donors, maintaining donor database and conducting prospecting research. The Food Sourcing team impacts the amount and types of food brought into the organization and distributed among its network of over 900 emergency food programs located throughout the five boroughs of New York City. This position reports to the Food & Funds Manager.
THE POSITION AND ITS KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development of a yearly work plan for food acquisition based on strategic planning including donor recognition activities, performance metrics, and annual outcomes/goals;
- Conduct prospect research and maintain Food Sourcing Department's prospecting activities;
- Maintain donor database: track donations weekly, run monthly donor reports for tracking trends and volume, prepare and mail donor acknowledgements;
- Assist with face to face meeting and presentations;
- Conduct cold calls with prospects and re-engage lapsed donors;
- Attend food industry events including trade shows, association meetings, and network conferences are required:
- Attend food safety classes and receive ServSafe certification and keep certification current;
- Work closely with Food Bank's nutritionists: determine donations are nutritious and safe to accept according to ServSafe standards and identify food needs for our programs;
- Maintain regular communications with Feeding America's product sourcing department for updated information and background on national partners;
- Collaborate with internal departments to maximize donation opportunities: schedule and lead monthly strategy meetings with operations, programs and members services;
- Work with Food Bank's Hunts Point Warehouse team: Logistics to schedule donors and pickups and Director of Distribution to confirm space availabilities to receive product;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- Minimum of three years of corporate fundraising experience (or equivalent sales experience, preferably within the food and grocery industry or culinary/hospitality sales);
- B.A. or B.S. Degree preferred;
- Demonstration track record of sales (revenue achievements);
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong written, analytical, and organization skills;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills;
- Ability to travel, current valid driver's license and access to a personal vehicle;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a fast-paced deadline driving environment;
- High level of optimism, personal responsibility and drive towards exceedingly ambitious goals;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet;
- Committed to the Food Bank's mission;
- Team player.
Please send email your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and relevant writing samples to the Food Bank. Use the job title as the subject line – no phone calls please. Only potential interviewees will be contacted.
Indeed - 22 months ago