The primary objective of this position is to provide administrative program support for retail donated, subsidized and purchased food throughout the procurement process. This position, in close coordination with the Food Resources department will actively assist with networking partnerships with the community to meet food acquisition and distribution goals.
- Identify prospective CAFB service area food donors; research partnership opportunities.
- Establish and maintain long-term, productive, relationships with donors at the retail store and regional management level to assure a consistent flow of nutritious donated food and non-food items. Maintain timely and appropriate donor recognition communications.
- Routinely communicates to key donor contacts through telephone, e-mail and scheduled visits throughout the CAFB service region. Visit sites and establish face-to-face relationships with partners.
- Develop existing resources to their fullest potential, emphasizing nutritious foods. Routinely evaluate donation levels of individual stores/donors to assess benefit.
- Works closely with the Central Texas Food Rescue perishable recovery team.
- Researched food acquisition and purchasing options through Feeding America and other sources for subsidized and purchase/ re-sale food items.
- Obtains price quotes, interacts with, sources and vendors, and makes purchasing recommendations and approved food purchases based on established criteria.
- Sources and purchases open market food items for Project HOPE, and other key programs.
- Responsible for verifying: “Procurement of goods and services whose costs are charged to Federal awards require verification that the vendor has not been suspended or debarred by checking the Excluded Party’s List System (EPLS) or collecting a certification from the vendor. The documentation verifying covered transactions are not conducted with suspended or debarred entities shall be maintained in the purchasing files.” Maintains accurate and timely donation spreadsheets and provides reports as required utilizing NAVISION Series to provide timely product turn reports to facilitate short and long term acquisition and budget decisions.
- Maintains mutually beneficial partnerships and on-going communications with other food banks in Texas through the Texas Food Bank Network (TFBN) as well as other Feeding America food banks in other states. Work with other food banks on food sourcing projects as identified as beneficial to CAFB.
- Closely monitors available inventory of critical food items for general partner agency distribution and dedicated programs on a daily basis. Maintains GAP reports on food inventory status. Monitors and reports on food availability trends.
- Identifies food items with short-term expiration dates and promotes distribution to minimize waste.
- Works closely with the CAFB Transportation team to facilitate timely and efficient scheduled and non-scheduled donation pickups.
Education, Experience, and Training
High School Diploma from an accredited educational institution.
Three year’s full-time, wage-earning experience in a non-profit or food sourcing environment.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge with providing effective training and communication of information with varying types of groups.
Knowledge to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines.
Knowledge of office applications including Microsoft Office, Excel, Email, and Internet Research. Navision software experience preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job