This is a seasonal position; May-September.
In cooperation with the DRC Property Manager, maintains the Denali Roadhouse Restaurant as a profitable revenue center, through the effective use of inventory controls, proper staffing for business at hand, and management of payroll expense through effective scheduling. Maintains cost of goods sold through efficient ordering of food and supplies and in planning of catering events. Keeps team member morale high through motivation and incentives for good work. The position requires a varied work schedule to cover demands. Computer proficiency needed to handle office administrative tasks.
• Plans menus, preparing and apportioning foods, and works closely with kitchen staff to maintain quality food appearance and a smooth flow of products and service from kitchen to customer
• In cooperation with DRC Property Manager and GM, sets prices to be charged for food and bar items
• Orders and maintains inventories of all food, beverage and supplies. Ensures receiving is properly staffed and items put away and invoices checked for accuracy.
• Monitors all equipment to insure proper functioning, arranges maintenance as needed, and recommends purchase of necessary equipment
• Monitors safety and sanitation to insure compliance with company standards, as well as State and Federal regulations
• Recommends hiring, or discharge, of personnel to management
• Trains all kitchen and dining room staff; observes and evaluates employees’ performance to devise methods for improving efficiency and guard against theft and wastage
• Sets work schedules for kitchen and dining room employees; verifies timesheets for submission to Property Manager
• Fills in and covers shifts as needed
• Works closely with the Front Desk Manager to forecast occupancies and plan menus for special groups
• Resolves customer complaints diplomatically
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to work with diverse populations in a positive manner and to set an example for staff by maintaining a positive attitude during stressful situations
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, guests, and vendors
• Ability to adhere to a budget, manage inventory, and control costs
• Knowledge in the proper use of cleaning and sanitation chemicals
• Knowledge of bartending, cashiering, hosting, bussing, and excellent customer service
• Ability to work a varied schedule
• Must be 21 years of age
• Certified Professional Food Manager
• Must have a current certification to serve alcohol
• Current driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Culinary training from an accredited Culinary Institute (preferred) or at least five years of cooking experience essential
• Three years supervisory experience.
• Must have experience using a computer Point of Sale system and the ability to train others on the system
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work is performed in a restaurant setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available). The job can be demanding and if problems arise an individual must maintain a smooth operation while satisfying the needs and demands of customers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work generally requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing 50 pounds. An individual will be required to work the majority of hours in a general restaurant environment, and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. Lifting (50 lbs) is required. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and Alaska Natives in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon Government Group - 14 months ago