The Food and Beverage Manager |
is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of one F&B outlet’s operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B outlet and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the outlet.
• Supervise outlet personnel.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of issues as they arise.
• Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Assist in coordinating and monitoring all phases of Loss Prevention in the outlet.
• Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
• Monitor quality of service in F&B outlet.
• Assist in menu planning and preparation.
• Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
• Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
• Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
• Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each meal period.
• Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
• Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlet (if applicable), including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
• Ensure the training of employees on SOP’s and technical job tasks.
• Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One to One), etc.
• Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
• Complete tip reporting.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
• At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
• Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
General Requirements - MANAGERS
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
Highgate Hotels - 9 months ago