POSITION : Food and Beverage Manager for SAVOR
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Director of Food and Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Salaried/ Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Food and Beverage Manager at our Jacksonville Florida facilities. This position oversees and supervises the hourly Food and Beverage employees. This position is responsible for the planning, budgeting, and execution of catering and concession functions while maintaining the highest standards.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee all Food & Beverage functions from origination to execution including the delegation of responsibilities
• Supervise, direct and train all banquet personnel including but not limited to all hourly servers, bartenders, concessionaires and banquet captains
• Ensure the proper set up of the event rooms as it relates to food & beverage in accordance with event diagrams and communicate any necessary adjustments or recommendations with the event services staff
• Assist in the coordination of any additional arrangements in planning such as rental of equipment, floral arrangements and linen
• Responsible for all food, beverage and service procurement
• Coordinates and supervises the execution of all banquet functions to ensure clients' specifications are met
• Manage the labor, beverage and ancillary costs for events as determined by event needs, event revenue, yearly budget and pre-event costing sheet
• Reconciles concessions event paperwork per event to include all necessary internal controls
• Oversee the proper uniform appearance of the catering team
• Responsible for the efficiency and productivity of the catering team
• Monitor the client’s needs throughout the event to ensure customer satisfaction and communicate any changes to the proper departments including but not limited to the culinary department, catering sales and event services
• Enter and approve payroll for all direct reports in accordance with SMG guidelines and all federal and state laws
• Organize all concession services to include but not limited to: staffing, event schedule, menu selection, stand lay-out, cleaning, register and menu board programming
• Determine cash room needs for all food & beverage related events: concessions, cash bars, etc. and communicate to the Finance Department
• Other duties as necessary
• College degree and/or equivalent work experience in a comparable facility or related field required.
• At least 2 years of previous hospitality management experience in a fast paced, high volume environment required
• Microsoft Office experience required
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills
• Must have a minimum of 5 years Customer Service experience
• Results oriented with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
• Must be able to work irregular hours and weekends.
This position offers a competitive salary. All Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Submit Resume for consideration to:
300 A. Phillip Randolph Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL. 32202
No phone calls please.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D