Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is located on Florida’s Emerald Coast between Pensacola and Panama City, eight miles east of Destin. The 2,400-acre Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is the premier destination in Northwest Florida.
The magic of Sandestin begins with our staff. Whether you are thinking of changing careers or you have heard our name and want to find out what the buzz is all about, we just might have the perfect opportunity in our resort’s job openings for you to excel in the hospitality industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains workers in performance of duties.
- Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
- Supervises serving of meals.
- Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
- Keeps records such as amount and cost of meals served and hours worked by employees.
- Requisitions and inspects foodstuffs, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met.
- Prepares work schedules and evaluates work performance of employees.
- Directs preparation of foods and beverages.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises 10 to 15 employees in the Food and Beverage Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue ; Conserves organizational resources.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bar Management Experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Previous knowledge of Point of Sales System
- Previous bar management background preferred
- Ability to speak fluent English
- Forecasting, Budgeting, and P&L Review abilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.