Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Directly manage the operations of an assigned venue, including but not limited to restaurants, kitchen, banquets, snack bars, and cocktail service.
- Supervise food and beverage team members in an assigned venue, including but not limited to lineserver, bussers, hosts, hostesses, cooks, cocktail servers, utility, and snack bar attendants
- Supervise the work processes and procedures of team members including the assignment of tasks or apportionment of work to be done by team members including supervision of food and beverage preparation, presentation and service, cleanliness of facilities and work areas, and any and all other job functions or duties of food and beverage team members
- Coordinate staff and schedule special functions or promotions including coordination and communication with other involved departments and preparation of any and all necessary documentation
- Protect and preserve the assets of the company
- Promote policies, procedures and processes to increase revenue and effectively manage expenses
- Compile information, complete and submit reports to authorized management or Accounting as required
- Facilitate daily pre-shift meetings and disseminate information to team members
- Attend or provide training as needed or required including but not limited to sanitation, safety and alcohol awareness
- Provide for the safety of team members including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter and performing all job duties in a safe and responsible manner
- Assist team members with any and all job functions as necessary for the efficient management or administration of business
- Meet department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements
- Any job duty needed to promote productivity in the efficient administration of business
- Practice excellent customer service skills at all times to include, but not limited to, addressing customers’, vendors’, suppliers’ and team members’ needs courteously, promptly, and professionally
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Meet all departmental or company project and assignment requirements and deadlines
- Adhere to all gaming laws and regulations
- Comply with all contractual obligations contained in any bargaining agreement entered into by the company
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all departmental or company matters
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or a minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work with Restaurant Manager in developing and implementing measurable performance evaluations for assigned staff according to department goals and objectives
- Assist in reviewing the performance, productivity and efficiency of team members including but not limited to periodic evaluations and development of coaching techniques to motivate productivity
- Assist with developing, implementing and promoting programs to reward and recognize performance of team members
- Assist with interviewing, selecting, hiring, orientation and training
- Assist with payroll including the management of attendance and time records
- Assist with the administration of progressive discipline, propose corrective action, and monitor post-disciplinary performance of team members
- Recommend or oppose the change in status of team members including but not limited to changes from full time to part time, promotions and transfers
- Complete regular and periodic verification processes for the proper accounting of revenues, expenses and inventory
- Review and analyze departmental staffing needs and make recommendations for adjusting working schedules of team members to promote effective labor cost control while providing quality products and service
- Develop, enforce, review and approve changes or revisions to operating practices, procedures and standards based on business trends
- Negotiate with vendors for supplies, machinery, parts and services as needed
- Gather information for long and short term planning to assist the Restaurant Manager in budget planning
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job