The purpose of this position is to ensure patrons receive outstanding customer service in a clean and safe environment. This is accomplished by providing numerous forms of customer service at the golf course and/or Allen Event Center, including preparing food and drink orders, cleaning public areas used for the consumption of food, stocking, maintaining inventory, conducting financial transactions and maintaining appropriate records. This position does not provide direction to other employees.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Provides customer service by greeting patrons, providing facility information, and preparing and selling food and beverage products.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in public food and beverage consumption areas. Ensures all food preparation areas are cleaned and sanitized appropriately.
- Processes transactions by operating a Point of Sale register and credit card machine, entering and recording sales transactions and taking payments.
- Maintains and organizes inventory; replace stock as needed at the on-site food/beverage facility, range facility, and or food and/or beverage carts. Completes and maintains appropriate paperwork.
- Ensures beverage area is set up prior to and closed down after each shift by counting and stocking liquor, tapping kegs, bleeding lines, displaying product, filling ice, and securing the area.
- Ensures cooking area is set up prior to and closed down after each shift (per Health Department regulations) by preparing the grill area, storing food at proper temperatures, and cooking and cleaning.
- Assists in opening and closing facilities by organizing food and beverage areas, accounting for cash levels and completing appropriate paperwork for the reconciliation of check/cash levels and record of daily transactions.
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
No experience required. Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
Certification and Other Requirements
Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License, TABC Certification, Must obtain Food Handler Certification within 30 days of employment
Basic - Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Receives directions: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
Supervisory / Organizational Control
No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
Interpersonal / Human Relations Skills
Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.
City of Allen, TX - 22 months ago