Functional Area(s): Sales
Department: The sales teams at General Mills offer unique challenges at every turn. We're already #1 or #2 in every market, but our sales professionals continue to help us gain market share, introduce new products and stay in front of our customers. There are three main areas within sales: Bakeries & Foodservice, Consumer Foods, and Customer Service.
Job Description: General Mills is seeking talented Foodservice Sales professionals to join our team as Territory Managers. We have multiple openings nationwide. Openness to relocation immediately as well as on a traditional sales career path is required.
As a Territory Manager you will develop sales through the introduction and execution of sales plans and programs for specific distributor and operator accounts. Support sales and marketing strategies as defined by the Zone Manager in concert with the Market Manager. The Territory Manager will work closely with the local market team to ensure product and account penetration in order to achieve the Foodservice Distributor segment sales program.
Operator & Distributor Responsibilities
Business Planning & Strategy Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing distributor and operator accounts as assigned within the marketplace
- Develop strong relationships with key distributor and operator personnel
- Make regular calls and build relationships with major operator customers in the market
- Understand products and their applicability to operators and benefit to distributors
- Responsible for distributor marketing programs (MAP) or equivalent distributor programs
Sales Execution Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategies that address key business opportunities
- Develop business plans that deliver strategies consistent with the Foodservice business plan
- Ensure planning session deliverables are, at a minimum, met and the outcome of these meetings drive strong execution, understanding and success
Budget Management Responsibilities
- Execute division-level and local programs as outlined by USF, UNIPRO and/or other Corporate Account Managers
- Develop and implement merchandising and marketing programs specific to the accounts within specified geography
- Successfully launch new products through the implementation of national focused promotions and programs
- Work with the Sales Development Manager to develop action plans in the Non-Comm segment; build volume in non-compliant areas and to close key operator opportunities
- Financial management and responsibility for monies outlined for T&E and distributor trade budgets
- Co-ordination and communication of information that will assist the Market Manager in managing the trade budget including approvals, business reviews and regular updates
- Provide support and insights to the Market Managers and the Customer Managers
- Accountable for monitoring, analyzing, forecasting and reporting their business
- Be a source of field-based information
- Coordinate activities and best practices with the Market Managers and other Territory Managers or Account Managers
- Conduct food shows and sales meetings, and operator product trainings where required
- Other duties as assigned
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of Foodservice sales or equivalent business-to-business sales experience required
- Experience in management of foodservice distributors and /or distributor headquarters a plus
- Openness to relocating for a traditional sales career path immediately as well as in the future
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Strategic Business Development, Strong Communication and Collaboration skills
- Business Management skills to Deliver Outstanding Results
- Ability to excel in a team environment
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you're ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Job ID: 51867729
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills...