BECOME PART OF A PASSIONATE CREW!!
As a Department Head, you will oversee the Footwear Department while managing and developing a small team of 2-10 employees. Overall, you will strive to motivate your team to exceed daily sales goals and metrics while ensuring a memorable, customer shopping experience through maintaining our exceptional standard of customer service. You must be a highly motivated team player who is friendly, goal oriented and driven to satisfy customers. This is a lead sales associate position and the first level of management within the organization. Success in this role could lead into a store-level Supervisor position within the organization.
- Execute the day-to-day operational functions of the department
- Directly accountable for overall sales and performance of the department
- Heavy interaction with customers
- Demonstrate technical skills related to the department
- Continuously develop overall product knowledge and remain current with industry trends
- Develop and enhance management skills while leading by example
- Train, coach, develop, and review direct reports
- Interview applicants and make hiring recommendations
- Communicate with all levels of staff including management
- Execute floor moves as directed by the visual team
- Implement merchandising/sales directives to meet company guidelines
- Flex staff to accommodate the needs of the business
Skills / Requirements
A varied schedule will include day, evening and weekend shifts.
Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. In an effort to support our rapid company expansion, we are seeking individuals with an active lifestyle to join our retail sales division. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customers shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must be 18 years of age
- Prefer at least 2 years experience in retail sales
- Sales experience in footwear highly preferred
- Ability to successfully lead a team; results oriented
- Strong communication skills; organized
- Passionate end-user of the products we sell and promote
Sport Chalet is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...