The Forecast Analyst is responsible for preparing and delivering and maintaining comprehensive regional and market quota analysis for use by Sales Operations and Field Sales Leaders in addition to administering the quarterly and monthly quota setting process. This position will participate in the development of national and region sales forecast efforts. Provides an accurate assessment of sales and market performance and business results while providing feedback used in making strategic business decisions. Plays a lead role in the development of monthly and quarterly forecasting. Processes and prepares quota information and provides tools and training on how to interpret and access the information through communication and instruction. Assignments include technically challenging analytics, requiring research and development of models. Applies the principles of the Dynamic Organization.
- Manage the end-to-end quota setting process including budgeting, analyzing and reporting on expected post-pay, pre-pay and renewal business results.
- Provide key data, analysis and decision support to field sales leadership to aid to the Director and Senior Director of Sales in the setting of quotas for all sales channels (company-owned, dealer-owned and direct). This will include analysis and guidance associated with meeting budget requirements, sales associate productivity and necessary performance expectations.
- Generate client and field activity reports, and perform pre-period, mid-period and post-period quota adjustments.
- Create and communicate monthly and quarterly quota reports utilizing the Synygy Quotas tool.
- Responsible for the development and updating of quota related models that are flexible enough to adapt to a rapidly changing sales environment.
- Communicate complex quota methodology and administration process with the field sales leadership team as well as the executive leadership team. Responsible for presenting confidence levels of model behavior to senior leaders of operations, customer service, finance and HR.
- Maintain and analyze system developed quota validation and exception reporting
- Prepare presentations for executive review.
- Model impact of quota changes in alignment/baseline and make recommendations for changes in quota methodology in order to change associate/agent behavior.
- Provide ad-hoc and strategic analytical support to the assigned market on productivity and financial measures. This is inclusive of researching monthly financial results and compensation data to provide the business with key performance and financial metrics related to sales associate performance.
- Ensure consistency in approach for all quota setting and adjustments. Work with field sales leadership as well to ensure quota adjustment requests are appropriate and financially responsible.
- Allocate mission critical business drivers such as ARPU, Churn and Cashflow in conjunction with budget and cost per gross add requirements.
- Ensure all quota and bonus material is delivered in compliance with all company SLA's and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Review, audit and approve all quota methodology calculations from multiple sales and customer service channels
- Lead the future development of quota methodology vs. business objective attainment.
- Lead monthly development of trend analysis and monitor key performance indicators and business drivers.
- Interpret both detailed transaction-level data and high-level financial reporting at store, market and regional level for senior level leadership.
- Develop and present quarterly report of commissionable revenue by division versus quota.
- Act as Sales Operations liaison on cross-functional project teams for integration efforts.
- Develop and implement techniques for analysis and projection of marketing and sales performance.
- Administer, audit and coordinate sales forecasting processes both quarterly and monthly.
- Prepare sales forecasts and strategic quota deliverables to help evaluate current sales goals.
- Help develop sales quotas and forecast for the nationwide sales team.
- Lead the monthly development of trend analysis and monitor key performance indicators and business drivers. Research significant changes in these indicators and provide input as to how to improve performance in specific areas.
- Perform regular data audits and reconciliation.
- Work with all field levels and regional finance to create a comprehension of the relationship between incremental costs and the expected organizational benefit.
- Audit field quota deliverables and develop trending analysis of component weighting calculations.
- Coach others outside of the department on key productivity metrics and improvement opportunities.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5 - 7 years in finance position with 3 or more years of data analysis experience.
- Experience in data management and reporting - quota management preferred.
- Excellent strategic development, financial, analytical, marketing, interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to synthesize various, independently generated, data points into a cohesive analysis.
- Attention to detail and accuracy/integrity of data required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Access and Word.
- Experience with sales-related software applications (POS, SAP, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills and organizational skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Experience in creating and giving presentations, especially materials for a field sales audience including executive level leadership
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities. Ability to lead cross functional teams while handling multiple projects is required.
- Project Management and Wireless industry experience a plus.
Job : Sales Operations
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone service to...