Click To View
Foreclosure Intervention Counselor – Full Time
The Foreclosure Intervention Counselor will organize and execute outreach efforts, counsel homeowners and develop individual Action Plans, submit completed workout request packages to servicers, assist homeowners with follow-up actions as required, and ensure the timely and accurate input of all case information into the case management system.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide counseling and analysis to homeowners who call (or attend a Foreclosure Workshop hosted by employer) regarding homeowner’s financial position, including creation of a realistic household budget, and provide information regarding available workout options.
· Assist homeowners in understanding and implementing workout options including discussion of terms of modification offer (and/or other options presented by the servicer); assist homeowner with follow-up actions required of the homeowner to obtain workout option.
· Submit completed Workout Request Packages to servicers; conduct follow up communications with servicers and homeowners as needed to ensure receipt by servicer, address deficiencies in package, inquire about status of cases and escalate as needed.
· Enter all case information into the case management data system in a timely and accurate manner to allow for accurate case tracking and reporting.
· Support outreach activities including attending events, organizing workshops, conducting out-bound calls, and organizing direct consultations between servicers and homeowners.
· Develop a superior knowledge of options, tools, and guidelines to assist homeowners.
· Uphold the respect and reputation of our organization and demonstrate professionalism and flexibility while maintaining a good working relationship with homeowners.
· Perform other duties as assigned
MANDATORY JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two (2) years work experience; experience in mortgage lending/processing, real estate sales, credit counseling or other counseling preferred.
Special Knowledge and Skills
· Reading, writing and mathematical skills with mathematical aptitude sufficient to produce error-free loan documentation.
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment for problem-solving and resolution of customer issues.
· Proficiency in Windows-based software; demonstrated ability to learn and use database, customer tracking, and other software.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
· Demonstrated ability to perform within established timelines and deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of Contact Management systems; Internet software; Excel and Word software.
Business hours are 8:30 to 5:00 Monday through Friday and must also be able to work evenings and weekends as required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· NeighborWorks Foreclosure Intervention and Default Counseling course work and certification within eighteen months of hire.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Housing partnership
Seacoastonline.com - 2 years ago