Responsible for crude oil movement and maintaining a safe working environment. Ensures trucking division staff have all information and training needed to perform duties accurately, assists strapping tanks on lease locations and provides timely reaction to any field crises.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides location advice on any phase of liquid movement as required
- Observes employees daily to improve work methods, explains procedures and changes, and ensures operational and mechanical problem information is communicated to proper personnel for correction
- Provides continuous employee training according to individual needs to develop competent personnel for all phases of operations and safety, including training new drivers on proper methods and assigned equipment maintenance, and to ensure compliance with governing regulatory agencies
- Ensures compliance with applicable governmental regulatory agencies and Trucking Division standard operating procedures
- Maintains integrity and safety of truck division property and equipment
- Ensures all necessary information on new leases is maintained in conjunction with lead drivers and management
- Analyzes trucking operational data to ensure efficient, economical and safe operating methods are adhered to
- Responds to and manages critical situations and equipment malfunctions, ensuring safety, economical and efficient operations
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of seven or more years of on-the-job experience, with at least two years being in a lead role and one year transporting crude oil from field to market is required.
A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
Working knowledge, understanding and interpretation of material data sheets. Ability to carry and operate a fire extinguisher, read and understand D.O.T. & OSHA regulations and prepare company and D.O.T. paperwork. Proven leadership skills. Good interpersonal, ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication. Possess a Commercial driver’s license with tanker and hazmat endorsements. In depth understanding of flammable liquids, chemicals, repair parts and hand tools. Basic reading and writing skills, and perform basic mathematical calculations.
Responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 20 nonexempt employees.
Office and field based with travel required up to 85% of the time by land or air. Petroleum refinery/industrial environment. Work is performed primarily out-of-doors in all weather conditions including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, confined spaces and possible risk of electrical shock. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, perceiving color differences, making precise hand & finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 75lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 75lbs, climbing up to 25ft; wearing personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator (beards not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required, and strenuous physical activity.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
Please visit us at http://hollyfrontier.com/careers/ to view and apply for current opportunities with HollyFrontier Corporation. Application must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Friday August 9, 2013.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer