Raytheon is supporting a Federal Government customer contract for delivering technical support to customer management and providing resources for the technical services required to enable customer mission accomplishment.
In support of the customer’s strategic direction, Raytheon is looking for key individuals who can support the protection of the customer environment.
A specialist in computer forensic analysis is needed to support the customer team.
Responsibilities will include
Performs forensic analysis of digital information and physical evidence.
- Provides specialized support by gathering, handling, examining, preparing, entering, searching, retrieving, identifying and/or comparing digital and/or physical evidence.
- Uses forensically sound procedures to determine results.
- Observes proper evidence custody and control procedures, documents procedures and findings and prepares comprehensive written notes and reports.
- Develops, researches, and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption
- Utilizes software applications for the analysis and processing of digital images.
- May work with Federal and/or numerous state and local law enforcement agencies.
- May review the work performed by other examiners and laboratory personnel.
- Must have active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- Proficient in the use of Computer Forensic tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, DCFLDD, Ximager, Ilook, Safeback, Xways forensics, SMART or open source (Linux) forensic tools
Experience in Windows and Linux OSs is mandatory
- Knowledge of DoD SCIF, lab, and network security policies protocols.
- Experience and training in EnCase, FTK and/or other forensic tools.
- Minimum of 4 years subject area professional experience.
- Strong understanding of cyber crime
- Outstanding communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Customer Focused.
- 6 years+ subject area professional experience
- Experience supporting DHS, Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
- Experience with law enforcement organizations
- Highly effective communication and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly synthesize data into information
- Comprehensive planning skills for both short-term requirements and long-term opportunities;
- Knowledge, ability and experience with Raytheon Six Sigma and Integrated Product Team deployment
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to achieve results and effectiveness of multiple functions considered to be of significant importance to the customer’s long-term success
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with mobile device forensics (iOS, Android etc.. .)
- GFCA and DCITA training are highly desirable.
Guidance Software's EnCE certification
- IACIS CFCE certification
- Access Data's ACE Certification
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics.
Advanced Degree preferred.
Experience will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...