Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Aid forensic scientists engaged in the analysis of evidence in multiple forensic disciplines; perform specialized laboratory functions in multiple forensic disciplines; provide administrative support to the Albuquerque Police Department Crime Lab; perform a variety of related activities relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in chemistry or biology or a related field, plus four (4) years of laboratory technician experience in a scientific laboratory environment.
Possession of a New Mexico Driver's License (Class D), or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire.
- Operations, services and activities of a scientific laboratory
- Familiarization with analytical instrumentation, equipment and tools
- Laboratory techniques and procedures
- Scientific principles
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Pertinent Federal, State and local codes, laws and regulations
Essential And Supplemental Functions:
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Prepare written and oral reports
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
City of Albuquerque - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard