Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate and analyze mechanical devices, products and designs
- Conduct field investigations and perform forensic engineering & failure/accident analysis on incidents involving all types of machinery, mechanical equipment and devices including cranes, presses, pressure vessels and hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC, gas, plumbing systems, etc.
- Conduct unbiased investigations for various clients
- Responsible for retention and development of client relationships
- Provide technical findings and conclusions in laymen's terms, both verbally and in written reports.
- Support conclusions by appropriate testimony in legal proceedings.
- Deliver professional presentations, develop client relationships and promote self to client groups.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- P. E. registration required
- Experience with trouble shooting machinery failures
- Knowledge of machine design and mechanical, HVAC, gas, plumbing systems
- Minimum of eight years industry engineering experience
- Forensic experience/exposure preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- 25% Travel
- Ability to maneuver in and around an accident site
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to drive to site locations
- Extensive forensic training
- Medical, dental vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Company-paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Bonus program
SEA, Ltd. - 19 months ago