The Forensic Structural Engineer we are looking for will be a Licensed Professional Engineer (civil or structural), responsible for overseeing a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to field inspections and written reports for residential and commercial property damage and investigations involving construction defect claims.
More specific details are described below.
Forensic Structural Engineer
Provide investigation and review for multiple projects; provide detailed investigative reports and findings to senior management and clients, primarily law firms and insurance companies. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Effective management of all assigned tasks; meeting budget and delivery time frames; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Single day and occasional overnight travel to assignments in region one to three days per week and provide multiple day support to other regions in the event of a natural disaster.
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings.
- Professional development, continuing education, and advancement of credentials. Individuals should have independent initiatives as well as company – sponsored development goals.
- Participating in business development ventures and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Other tasks as assigned by Senior Management.
- Previous experience in the design of residential structures or experience in the management and execution of commercial and residential property damage claim investigations and construction defect experience to support/defend litigation
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering (with emphasis in structures)
- Advanced degree not required but beneficial
Knowledge & Skills
- Prefer a minimum of five to seven years experience in design and construction related activities of residential and commercial structures or design and inspection of residential and commercial structures
- Strong knowledge of the residential (IRC), commercial (IBC) and existing (IEBC) I-codes.
- Understanding of residential wood framing and roofing
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions. Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required. MathCAD not required but beneficial.
- Professional Registration (PE in California, Nevada and Arizona or ability to obtain within 6 months) required.
For consideration, please submit your resume by clicking here
- Able to carry and operate a 24-foot extension ladder unassisted
- Able to walk on sloped roofs
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces)
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a positive corporate culture. For more information about the Vertex team, please visit our website at vertexeng.com .
The Vertex Companies, LLC. - 24 months ago