Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M’s Global Forensic and Dispute Services (GFD) practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
The Disputes and Investigations service line of Alvarez & Marsal’s Global Forensic and Dispute Services practice is seeking a Forensic and Litigation Paraprofessional for its team in New York.
The position is responsible for assisting Managing Directors and other members of the division with business valuations, fraud examinations, litigation and expert witness matters, forensic accounting cases and general corporate investigations.
- Prepare financial analyses to support issues under investigation (primarily Excel spreadsheets)
- Quality check financial and other information to source documents
- Input data into spreadsheets and perform simple audit checks
- Research and analyze/interpret basic accounting and financial information
- Perform document review and validate accuracy
- Perform due diligence work related to firm's cases
- Provide staff level services on investigations involving accounting issues
- Assist with preparation of reports and exhibits (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Draft research summaries, reports and supporting documents
- Provide general administrative support (e.g., photocopying sensitive files) and assist with department projects as needed such as pitch materials
- Gathering and organizing data and information needed from a variety of resources; assisting with pitch materials/ brochures
- Summarize time records and prepare invoices
- Assist with job engagement setup and conflict checks
- Assists with department projects as needed and performs other work-related duties as assigned by the firm
- Prepare supporting documents for investigation and litigation cases
- Set up, organize and maintain client files for engagement administration and communications
- Assist in drafting report of findings or deposition summaries
- Researching background information on opposing parties or past lawsuits;
- Spending time helping others – copying, binding– whatever it takes to get the project out the door.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study, preferably with degree in business-related field (such as law, accounting, finance, economics or other)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in litigation support
- Proficiency with use of website management software to conduct internet research and synthesize results into summaries
- Basic knowledge of accounting, financial principles and fraud schemes
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including advanced functions of Excel
- Ability to work independently, as well as on teams, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with document management and review tools such as Relativity a plus
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required
- Ability to learn and master traditional legal research methods and become proficient at Internet research and research databases
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs and client information
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with clients and all levels of the firm's personnel
- Able to plan, organize and complete multiple related activities
- Ability to work in tight deadlines and a good manager of his/her time.
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint (Access or other database skills a plus)
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...