About the Role and Responsibilities
About the Role:
Responsible for detecting, researching, analyzing, and reverse engineering malware.
- Conduct Reverse Engineering and Malware Analysis to better discover/remediate APTs
- Serve as a point of contact to SOC (Security Operations Center) for malware sample analysis
- Work independently using a variety of detection tools to locate malware
- Work closely with McAfee Labs to develop counter-measures on various products (VSE, HIPS, NSM, etc.)
- Interface with various levels of organization (Employee, Manager, SVP) in a professional manner
- Provide regular reports on newly discovered malware and updates for existing malware to management
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Bachelors (Computer Science, Information Systems)
- 5+ years’ Experience in a similar position
- CISSP preferred
- Solid understanding of modern anti-malware and detection tools
- Experience with network concepts (TPC/IP, OSI, etc.)
- Proficient with various programming languages (Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Experience with current bots/malware using modern tools to analyze
- Understanding of reverse engineering and malware analysis methodologies
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while accomplishing important tasks
- Knowledge of ISO, ITIL and applicable standards
- Strong ability for problem solving
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: IT Risk Mitigation/Research
Primary Location: NA-USA-TX-Plano
Position Number: 882934
McAfee - 13 months ago
McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and mobile...