At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a summer intern to join Arup’s Foresight, Innovation and Incubation team. This global team identifies and monitors the trends and issues likely to have a significant impact upon Arup, the built environment and society at large. The team researches and raises awareness about major challenges affecting and their implications. They also run events to help clients think more creatively about the long term future, and to manage risk and uncertainty more effectively. The qualified candidate will be based in San Francisco.
• Conduct extensive research for Foresight + Innovation’s Drivers of Change series
• Interact and coordinate with both internal and external experts, as required
• Write reports, articles and prepare PowerPoint presentations
• Create posters, brochures, flyers and other collateral for workshops and events, using InDesign
• Plan events such as workshops and seminars which are mostly located outside of San Francisco
• Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a research heavy subject
• At least one prior research focused internship
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Past experience writing reports and creating PowerPoint presentations
• InDesign experience and basic graphic design skills are a plus
• Must be highly motivated, curious and a self-starter
• Capacity to work flexibly, proactively and unsupervised both individually and within a global team
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Foreign language and/or experience living in another culture preferred
• Interest in emerging trends that help shape the built environment
For consideration, please include at least one writing sample with your application.
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...