AmeriCold Logistics, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US, is seeking a Forklift Operator to join the team at our Manchester, PA facility.
Summary: Under general supervision, Lift Truck Operators (LTO) will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food products utilizing equipment including, but not limited to sit down and stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment.
1. Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
2. Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
3. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
4. Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
5. Check or count freight for accurace and/or damage and infestation.
6. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
7. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
8. Participate in physical inventories as needed.
9. Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing and repacking.
10. Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include (but not limited to) stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment.
11. Report all safety malfunctions on equipment.
12. Comply with OSHA standards.
13. Must be able to meet production standards.
14. Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work environment.
15. Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
16. Charge or change forklift battery as needed.
17. Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Requires ability to work independently
2. Occasionally works overtime, evenings or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
3. Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines and work with difficult individuals
4. Must be able to relate to other people behond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes: perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others: and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Tools and Technology:
2. Warehouse management system and related components
3. Pallet jack, high lift, sit down or stand up lift truck, Hi-lift, RC
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Keyword: Forklift Operator, Warehousing
In business to keep cool, AmeriCold Logistics is a leading provider of temperature-controlled warehousing, distribution, and...