This is a second shift position
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and moves product to floor or outbound trailer
- Stacks and moves merchandise in designated areas or trailers using a forklift, clamp, push-pull or other powered equipment
- Pulls and prepares products for shipment
- Ensures that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner meeting customer service standards
- Moves product from staging and/or inbound trailers into outbound trailers
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Maintains appropriate records and reports to guarantee product control and security
- Must have Excel knowledge plus general computer knowledge.
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
Minimum Experience, Education, and Training Required:
- Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs without restriction
- Must be able to work in varying facility conditions.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- At least 1 year experience forklift experience and/or using warehouse distribution equipment
- Willingness to become forklift certified
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
NFI Industries - 18 months ago