US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Forklift Operator transports raw material, finished products, supplies and equipment to appropriate locations inside warehouse and throughout the plant using stand-up, propane, diesel or electric forklifts, mule trains and trailers.
1. Receive work assignment from supervisor and specific move instructions from radio dispatcher, production control, move tags and established procedures.
2. Transport materials using truck, forklift and trailers between locations inside the plant and operate compactor to unload hoppers and compact non-salvageable materials. Prepare containers for commercial waste pick up.
3. Load and unload pallets, freight cars and trucks.
4. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition and perform servicing of equipment such as blowing out radiator and checking and replenishing fuel, oil, and water levels. Record data as required and report malfunctions to
5. Use care and discretion in handling materials and observe all safety regulations.
6. Maintain knowledge of all storeroom, department and work center locations in the plant along with their proper designation. Refer to maps as required.
7. Performs equal or lower skilled work as required.
This is a Union Represented position.
- 5 or more years of experience in transportation of raw material, finished products, supplies and equipment to appropriate locations inside warehouse and throughout the plant using stand-up, propane, diesel or electric forklifts, mule trains and trailers.
- Valid Driver’s License and High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office/ SAP.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Material handling experience in Manufacturing Environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -
San Jose, CA
- 13 days ago
- 3 days ago
- 18 days ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...