The Lift Operators / Order Builders are responsible for operating power industrial equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting merchandise. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties in addition to his or her own responsibilities. They are responsible for the accurate storing, shipping and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
• Unload inbound shipments safely and move products to storage locations.
• Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
• Report quality variances.
• Pull and prepare for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
• Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
• Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
• Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a fork lift, clamp truck, drum attachment, pallet jack, deep reach lift, or other power equipment.
• Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
• On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the fork lift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
• Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
• Assist in physical inventories.
• Ensure proper stock rotation.
Safety, Sanitation, Security
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
• Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
• Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required.
• Change batteries on fork lifts as needed:
• Participate in physical inventories; perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; repair pallets when necessary; trailers, and truck bays as requested.
• Help maintain the facility to provide a clean, safe work
• Other duties as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, college degree preferred, 6 months - 1 year work experience and/or other training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of Logistical Supply Chain methods and procedures
• Knowledge of inventory control
• Prior experience directing using warehouse management systems
• Prior experience in inventory reconciliation
• Solid proficiency in MS office which must include Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Forklift experience 6months – 1 year min. Must be able to pass written and practical evaluation.
Physical Abilities Lift / Carry
Stand C (Constantly) 50 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Walk O (Occasionally) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit O/F (Occasionally / Frequently) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) 51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward F (Frequently) Over 100 lbs N (Never)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb O (Never) Push / Pull
Crawl O (Never) 12 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Squat or kneel O (Occasionally) 13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
Bend O (Occasionally) 26-40 lbs F (Frequently)
41-100 lbs F (Frequently)
Warehouse with limited climate control. 24 / 7 operation. Position will function in a yard/warehouse environment with moving trucks.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
The work environment is dusty.
The work environment may contain scents used in typical household products.
UTi is an Equal Opportunity Employer
UTi Worldwide - 2 years ago