We have an immediate position available for a Forklift Operator at our Transfer Station in Vancouver, WA. In this position you will work Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am to 4:30 pm and will also work 3 days during the week. Start times during the week will be between 6 am to 9:30 am. 5 days a week 8 hour shifts with some occasional overtime On top of competitive pay we offer year round work, family benefits, 401k, and vacation.
The primary duties of this job is to run forklifts but you will also work with the public and will assist will cleaning and labor duties.
Do not stop by or call our local office. Apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Operating forklifts in accordance with all OSHA, state and federal requirements
- Ensuring all customer interactions by Operator are polite and courteous; may be required to greet, direct, discuss issues, and educate customers of onsite rules and restrictions
- Following all appropriate safety guidelines and precautions, wearing required safety gear, and maintaining a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year forklift operating experience
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
Waste Connections - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...