Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Forms Developer
40% 1. Design, test, implement, change, support and maintain lending, deposit, payment protection and miscellaneous documents in compliance with corporate standards as well as Federal and state regulations. Under guidelines established by product management and subject to review, create specification documents for use by credit unions and external vendors. Proof forms to ensure accuracy and test forms prior to putting into production. Discuss form specification with internal clients, LOANLINER & Payment Protection Product Area, Legal, ll.com, and Order Fulfillment. Work with Forms Processors to ensure documents are mapped correctly. Act as main contact for Forms Processors questions on document specifications and usage.
35% 2. Build electronic documents to customer specifications.
10% 3. Serve as subject matter expert on any assigned project which may involve providing information on meeting credit unions' lending needs.
10% 4. Analyze credit unions' operations and use of lending and deposit forms, determine the impact on language management and make recommendations to develop or enhance products.
5% 5. The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
1. Associate Degree in Computer Science or Graphic Arts, to include courses in personal computer based concepts or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
2. Two (2) years experience to include the following:
a. Forms design software, including Adobe LiveCycle
b. Personal computers to include Windows operating systems and associated PC software packages and internet applications.
3. Demonstrated ability to use forms creation concepts including design software, terminology, layout and placement of data fields.
4. Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.
5. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate to internal and external customers.
6. Keyboarding skills 40 wpm (test will be administered)
7. Comparing and Checking skills, passing score of 25 (test will be administered)
8. Demonstrated ability to write and maintain user manuals.
9. Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded
Experience Level: 1-3 years
Area of Interest(s): Administrative
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20140105-30965