Company: DS Laboratories
Position Title: Formulation Chemist (Personal Care / Cosmetic)
Reports To: CEO
Status: Salaried; Full time
Location: Pompano Beach, FL.
The ideal candidate is passionate about product development, and thrives in a fast passed environment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in one or several of the following categories: cosmetics, skincare, hair care, pharmaceuticals…
- Formulation of a variety of personal care products; predominantly hair care, skin care, & cosmetics.
- Participate actively in the development of new products in cosmetics, skincare, hair care and other personal care products
- Ability to create high end cosmetic formulations
- Conduct stability, efficacy, and batch testing on the formulated products
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the chemistry of formulations and basic industry regulations and requirements.
- Investigate properties of raw materials used in formulations and demonstrate progressive understanding of using these chemicals during product development.
- Love innovation and you want to explore new frontiers in formulation chemistry
- Experience in various Liposomal systems and other types of cosmetic enhancers
- Some understanding and/or experience of peptide synthesis, storage, and implementation
- Capable of managing multiple projects and work well with deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to ensure confidentiality of company-related information
- Pharmaceutical experience a plus * Job Requirements
- Minimum BS Degree in Chemistry or Biology
- Minimum of 3 years of relative industry experience--Formulating hair care products such as shampoos and conditioners
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Fast learner, goal oriented
- Analytical experience a plus
A few words about us:
We are on a mission to change radically the personal-care landscape by developing technologies that make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers. First and foremost, DS Laboratories is a technology company aggressively focused on innovation. We live by the following five principles:
1. Every product that is launched must deliver certain features and benefits that are not available from any competitor. If a product does not meet these criteria, then it is simply abandoned. We will not manufacture a mere variation of something else just to fill up shelf space.
2. We will rigorously test and verify all claims through double-blind clinical studies. If a compound or ingredient has not been verified through such means, then it will not be used in our products. DS Laboratories is one of the very few cosmetic companies that conducts its own in-house double-blind clinical testing with human volunteers.
3. Innovation will always come before economics. Our chemists work on a cost-is-no-object basis to push the envelope of what is possible in technology. We then pass on the cost of the innovation with a reasonable mark-up.
4. Our primary goal is to create technologies and solutions that make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers. Profits are merely a side-effect of this paradigm.
5. We research exotic materials, then scale them up from research phase to commercialization. Consumers can always count on DS Laboratories to be the first to bring them breakthrough technologies. We will continue to pursue this practice with tremendous agility in all facets from product development to manufacturing.
The above principles serve as the foundation for everything we do. Their pursuit is fueled by relentless passion for the advancement of biotechnology. The results of our efforts are important new therapies that make a real difference.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
A few words about us:
We are on a mission to change radically the personal-care landscape by developing...