POSITION SUMMARY: Formulate and facilitate development of innovative products,
line extensions, and product improvements in shaving prep products in accordance
with company objectives. Identify New / Improved formulation technologies and
implement to meet project needs. Identify and develop New / Improved Test
methods to support formulation research programs and reach commercialization.
Identify and maintain external partnerships to develop novel technology and
conceptual ideas in shaving prep products. Develop core research technologies
that enable the development of new products. Maintain accurate, comprehensive
and succinct records of all work including materials / technologies used,
processes followed and analysis of test results. Demonstrate ability to
follow-up on activities regarding an assigned project, and be able to report in
both written and verbal form on all project progress. Apply professional skills
and knowledge to provide technical support to RD&E, Quality and
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the
1. Formulate and facilitate development of new products, line extensions, and
product improvements in shaving prep.
2. Independently conduct knowledge seeking investigations and experiments in
areas of shaving prep technologies.
3. Excellent organizational, prioritizing and follow up skills. Manage multiple
projects and timelines.
4. Perform hands-on bench work with new conventional and/or non-conventional
creative approaches to discover new technologies, new formula bases, raw
ingredients and processing techniques that provide unique product claims and
5. Identify and develop new / improved analytical test methods and stability
6. Plan and execute relevant testing, analyze and summarize data with proper
statistical methods, draw relevant conclusions, recommend appropriate next
steps, and write cohesive technical reports.
7. Prepare and present technical updates on the progress of assigned projects
and recommend courses of action, verbally and in writing
8. Actively maintain a watching brief of the latest technological developments
in areas of personal care and recommend needed technologies to revise and modify
products to meet project needs.
9. Identify and maintain external partnerships to develop novel technology and
conceptual ideas in shave prep.
10. Define and approve specifications, processes and raw materials for assigned
11. Skilled in operation and maintenance of associated laboratory
instrumentation and the ability to modify procedures as needed.
12. Ability to read, understand, and explain patents, and the ability to
interpret competitive patents.
13. Work with Consumer Research group to proactively integrate consumer
understanding into the product development process.
14. Working knowledge of computer spread sheets, presentation and word
15. Ability to think and act independently and make sound decisions.
16. Evaluate competitive products and technologies.
17. Excellent communication skills - both oral and written, and the ability to
work with both internal and external customers and suppliers in a team
18. Strong ability to work ndependently, under pressure and meet tight deadlines
19. Assist in Filling / Discharging operations for prototype samples
20. Assist in preparing samples for Development Quality testing
21. Ability to work in team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.S. degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 5+ years shave prep/
emulsion experience, or
M.S. degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred with 5 years
Experience with international formulations is a plus.
Thorough understanding of OTC data documentation.
Thorough understanding of GMPs, and the ability to write SOPs
Strong knowledge of the formulation of shave prep products, including creams,
foams, lotions, gels or similar products
Strong knowledge of raw material functions and properties.
Ability to travel to multiple manufacturing sites
Need Technical Help? Please call the Career Center Help Desk at 1-877-560-4084.
Powered By Kenexa Recruiter®
Job Detail (P-REM-99)
Energizer - 11 months ago
Energizer Holdings keeps going, and going...and leading the battery market in the process. Known for its pink bunny marketing icon,...