The Children`s Place Association is a safe haven for children and families whose lives have been devastated by disease and poverty. Since 1991, the agency has reached out to HIV/AIDS-affected children and families through services such as 24-hour residential nursing care, specialized day care, summer camp, mental health counseling, and foster care/adoption.
Please visit us online at www.childrens-place.org !
We are seeking a Foster Care Community Nurse to support our specialized foster care program serving medically complex children. This position provides medical case management for children in the foster care program through home visits and medical assessments. The Foster Care Nurse will have a caseload of approximately 30 children with special needs.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse license with specialization in pediatric nursing required.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in HIV/AIDS care preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications required; CPR instructor qualification and PALS certification preferred.
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license and appropriate auto insurance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal communication skills preferred.
NPO.net - 20 months ago