POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is a part-time, as needed opportunity. Compensation is Fee for Service. This position requires travel to client homes.
You will be primarily responsible for preparation and assessment of clients seeking to become fostering Partnership Parents or Resource Parents. Direct services to be provided are foster care home study assessments, counseling, and follow-up services. Specific services include conducting home studies, providing education, counseling, and occasionally participating in recruitment projects. This position may also lead IMPACT training sessions.
We are seeking workers in Metro-Atlanta.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Complete home studies on families seeking to foster and/or adopt children domestic or internationally
- Assist in recruitment activities of the department
- Provide post placement services to families
- Complete paperwork requirements in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with agency procedures
- Offer services in professional manner which reflect good customer service
- Provide education and counseling to families prior to and following the placement of children in their home
- Accepts responsibility for appraisal of own work and for professional development
- Participates in agency staff training programs as well as seminars/conferences in the community at large
- Reports to Foster Care Program Manager in keeping with agency procedures, needs, and casework with clients
- Occasional work in Adoption Home Studies, as requested.
- BSW,MSW, CP, LMFT or other related field with child welfare experience
- Employment experience in adoption or foster careinternational and domestic
- Minimum of 2years experience in foster care or adoption
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software packages
This position works out of their home and must have a designed office space. Visits with families are primarily conducted in the clients home.
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.
Families First - 4 months ago
Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from the community...