Make a difference! Lawrence Hall Youth Services is a first rate child welfare agency serving at-risk youth and their families through residential treatment, education, foster care and older adolescent programs. Reports to the Vice President of Foster Care and Older Adolescent Services. Provides supervision to CWS staff (case managers and supervisors). Maintains accountability to the juvenile court, D.C.F.S., and to the agency for case work services rendered to clients and their families. Frequent use of personal vehicle, computer and telephone. Ability to be flexible traveling among agency sites. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Orient, train, supervise, and evaluate case managers and supervisors in their service functions on behalf of clients.
- Develop, coordinate and implement program services consistent with program objectives and agency policies.
- Provide and document direct supervision to staff assigned and monitors program for proper utilization of staff and material resources to achieve objectives.
- Ensure adequate coordination takes place with community resources and other agency programs for sound linkage and flow of services.
- Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement activities as assigned.
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor.
- Assist in making case decisions, and be a resource to staff in the fulfillment of their duties.
- Represent case managers and the agency in their absence or as needed in court, administrative case reviews and other staffings.
- Review expenditures according to agency guidelines.
- Make recommendations to Vice President of Foster Care and Older Adolescent Services on budgetary and fiscal matters and holds staff accountable for the proper disbursement and utilization of funds.
- Oversee and sign off on all necessary reports and ensure that all case activities and incidents are documented, are Medicaid compliant if applicable, and in the case record in a timely fashion.
- Participate as a member of the leadership/management team in planning, executing and evaluating agency and department resources.
- Participates in team meetings and uses other meetings to accomplish the objectives the agency has for clients and families.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and participates in the development of continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
- Make recommendations on hiring, termination, promotions, performance evaluations, and other personnel actions concerning staff assigned.
- Committed to and works effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
- Maintain responsibility and overall supervision of van/agency vehicle(s) including safety checks, cleanliness, care and appropriate reporting and investigations of damages.
- Must assume flexible schedule when necessary.
- On call for emergencies by phone or in person 24/7.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Master's Degree in human services field required, LCSW/LCPC preferred.
- Minimum of five years child welfare experience, preferably in foster care.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience in child welfare or related field.
- Valid Illinois driver's license.
- Personal vehicle or access to a personal vehicle required.
- Requires Child Welfare Licensure (CWEL), CERAP, and SACWIS/Office Automation Training.
- No history of child abuse or neglect.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
Lawrence Hall Youth Services - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard -