The Recruitment and Intake Specialists primary responsibilities are to increase the capacity of the foster care program by recruiting Partnership and/or Resource Parents and ensuring appropriate placements are made. Recruitment efforts should encompass targeted recruitment for families that are willing to foster children of all ages with the focus on families who specialize in caring for older children and sibling groups.
The Recruitment and Intake Specialist is also responsible for the Intake and Assessment of children referred by DFCS for placement in the foster care program. The Recruitment and Intake Specialist will organize and facilitate informational/orientation sessions and process of becoming a foster parent. Specialist will coordinate recruitment events on going, special events and assist Program Manager with additional trainings and data entry as needed. Customer Service, collaboration, creativity, parent advocacy and community engagement are key components of this position.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Interpret Agency policies and procedure to potential clients, community agencies and partners, referral sources, and foster families
- Be knowledgeable and Adhere to all Child Placing Agency (ORCC), OPM, Kenny A, and PEAS and COA rules and regulations
- Participate and, as needed, co-facilitate quarterly monthly Foster Parent Advisory Board
- Organize, facilitate, and participate in at least 8 Recruitment Events annually which will require flexibility in schedule including evening and weekend work
- Community outreach on a bi-weekly basis to Recruit foster families, increase Intake numbers and establish relationship with community partners
- Recruit and screens potential foster families through licensing certification process
- Facilitate Foster Parent Informational Sessions/Orientations on a monthly basis and individual sessions as needed
- Perform all essential duties to ensure that prospective foster parents records are created and paperwork and requirements are met prior to home study being assigned
- Work in collaboration with Home study contract writers to include reviewing drafts of initial home study to ensure ORCC requirements are met
- Coordinates monthly trainings that are required for foster parents to meet all annual training (may collaborate with FF Training Coordinator)
- Coordinate annual Special Events (ex: Foster Parent Appreciation Day) and participate in public speaking engagements to increase agency visibility and collaborations.
- Perform all Intake Responsibilities in conjunction with foster care staff, foster parent, Program Manager and DFCS resource center staff.
- Maintains weekly census of foster homes available
- May carry a caseload as needed
- Complete all record keeping data required by the agency and program in Ga Scores and Care Logic including number of Intakes received, foster parent applications and informational sessions conducted.
- Participate in Agency or professional group seminars and conferences to increase professional knowledge
- Provide advocacy and support to partnership and resource parents
- Contribute to the accomplishment of program goals and objectives through communication and consultation with the Program Director, PM and staff, participation in unit/team meetings and other trainings
- Participate in Unit after hours Intake rotation
- Participate in weekly and/or bi-weekly supervision with Program Manager
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Social Services with Marketing or PR experience
- Outgoing personality; ability to network and deliver information in front of a variety of audiences
- 2-3 years experience in social service and/or marketing arena
- Respond appropriately to the cultural differences among the Agencys service population
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Data entry
- Excellent writing and grammar
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.
Families First - 17 months ago
Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from the community...