Under the direction of the CPS Foster Care Redesign Project Manager, this position performs highly advanced consultative and technical work in developing, writing, publishing and maintaining CPS policies, rules and operation manuals as a part of the Foster Care Redesign effort. Work involves interpreting both State and Federal regulations and DFPS policy in order to successfully implement the new foster care model. The position conducts research and bill analysis, writes reports, assists in development of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI) and responds to legislative needs, media concerns and inquiries from the public as assigned by CPS management. Assignments will include urgent requests with very limited turn-around time for completion. Work involves collaborating, participating in and facilitating workgroups and meetings which may include both internal and external stakeholders. This position provides logistical support to the DFPS Public Private Partnership (PPP) and is the CPS Foster Care Redesign liaison to the DFPS Center for Learning and Organizational Excellence (CLOE).
Essential Job Functions:
• Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
• Develops, manages and maintains DFPS policy, procedures, Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and reports for Foster Care Redesign. (20%)
• Assists Regional/local staff and the SSCC in developing local protocols and coordinating policy changes/waivers (10%)
• Serves as the agency Subject Matter Expert for Foster Care Redesign policy. (10%)
• Coordinates a cross-divisional team to support development of RFP and RFI as a part of the Redesign effort. (10%)
• Drafts Texas Administrative Code Rule and Waivers that result as a part of the Foster Care Redesign effort. (10%)
• Develops and writes catchment area specific Operations Manuals for Foster Care Redesign. (10%)
• Plans, organizes and conducts meetings and workgroups with internal and external stakeholders. (5%)
• Provides logistical support to the Texas Public Private Partnership. (5%)
• Responds to requests for Foster Care Redesign information from the legislature, media and general public in order to maintain favorable stakeholder perceptions of Foster Care Redesign. (10 %)
• Develops PowerPoint presentations and other materials related to Foster Care Redesign and the Texas Public Private Partnership. (10%)
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Knowledge of the Foster Care Redesign Model and the Single Source Continuum Contract (http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Adoption_and_Foster_Care/About_Foster_Care/redesign.asp); Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations related to CPS program and child welfare practice; specialized knowledge of agency program, procedures, rules and regulations related to conservatorship, foster care and CPS contracts; skills in establishing effective working relationships and in managing teams; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to develop PowerPoint presentations and other written information for presentation and distribution to stakeholders; skill at establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities; ability to research, analyze and understand new and complex information effectively and quickly; ability to work non-traditional hours and travel as necessary.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Four years full-time experience in working with children and youth in foster care. Must have a minimum of two years' experience as a CPS supervisor or DFPS manager.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 19 months ago