Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Junior Foundry Engineer, with potential for advancement to Metallurgist and/or Senior Foundry Engineer at the Pascagoula, Mississippi, Center for Propeller Excellence. The Foundry Engineering Group functions as the technical lead for the foundry which produces Nickel-Aluminum Bronze and Stainless Steel Castings for the maritime industry, primarily naval.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
- Creation and validation of sand mold designs using Directional Solidification Modeling Software, current best practices and previous manufacturing experience as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- Creation of process documentation as appropriate to support process implementation in accordance with e- Quality Management System
- Calculation and over-site of melt charge and pouring of nickel aluminum bronze and stainless steel using reverb and induction melting
- Review & analyze process manufacturing data
- Perform special project assignments and other related duties as assigned by the Site Manager or Chief Metallurgist/Foundry Engineer
- Interacts with production departments to develop and implement schedules, polices and company objectives
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.